SmartOffice provides a variety of products that can be integrated into the enterprise document workflow platforms.
1. SmartOffice Application
2. SmartOffice Viewer (view only)
3. SmartOffice SDK
4. SmartOffice DevKit Viewer (view only)
5. File Viewer DevKit (FVDK)
6. Page Viewer DevKit (PVDK)
|SmartOffice Mobile Application||
|File Viewer DevKit (FVDK)||
|Page Viewer DevKit (PVDK)||
SmartOffice Mobile Application
A full-featured mobile office productivity app that serves as an alternative to MS Office mobile apps. SmartOffice can be wrapped in an enterprise security platform to enable secure viewing, editing, creating, sharing, printing and presenting documents on mobile devices.
Key Features Summary:
- Handles all MS Office file types (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), plus PDF, images, plain text on iOS and Android.
- Truest, most accurate Office document representation on a mobile device.
- The scalable display automatically adapts to optimize for device screen size (smartphone or tablet).
- Lightweight: At 28MB, footprint roughly 1/30th the size of Office 365 Mobile.
- Not dependent upon cloud access for functionality.
- Wrappable within a variety of MDM, EMM, EFSS platforms, making it the secure alternative to MS Office 365 mobile.
Use: Provides a fully functional app ready for wrapping in enterprise security platform of choice. May allow for some small customization (e.g., enabling 3rd party cloud services such as Google Drive, Box, Dropbox).
A full-featured, customizable SDK component solution for enterprise document workflow management. SmartOffice SDK has all the features of the SmartOffice app but allows companies to customize functionality based on security requirements and needs.
Key Features Summary:
- Easily and fully integrates into a company’s chosen EFSS, MDM or EMM environment, requiring only one integration per platform.
- Provides enterprise IT departments with tools to control document access, viewing and editing across multiple platforms, thereby reducing data leakage and vulnerability to theft, hacking and malware.
Use: For an organization looking to add viewing, editing, and management functionality to an existing application or platform, either proprietary or implemented via a third party, SmartOffice SDK is a great option. This will enable the organization to implement a document management solution within the enterprise’s security platform of choice.
Full-featured App vs. Library – Which one to use?
This is entirely based on the enterprise security platform solution in your organization, how you wish to manage deployment and how you want the app to look.
- If your solution is structured to wrap the entire app, then the full-featured app that uses the SmartOffice “file explorer UI” works for you.
- If you wish to deploy with SmartOffice as part of your overall product offering, then SmartOffice SDK can serve as your document viewing/editing tool.
- If you are an MDM, EMM or EFSS provider looking to incorporate document viewing, editing, and management tools directly into your product offering, then SmartOffice SDK is the likely choice for you.
SmartOffice also offers two “view-only” versions for each of the above.
A view-only version of the SmartOffice app that enables users to view Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, plus PDF documents, but without editing capabilities.
SmartOffice DevKit Viewer
Similar to above, we offer a view-only version of our SmartOffice SDK for integration into an enterprise’s security platform solution of choice or as a base level offering embedded in MDM, EMM or EFSS solutions.
File Viewer DevKit (FVDK)
The FVDK provides code that can be used to build one’s own viewer into another product or your own embedded system. The code enables one to open/close files, to move forward/backward pages, and to render those pages to bitmaps that the caller can then display. FVDK does not include a UI.
The example uses include installation in projectors and other forms of electronics. FVDK is not intended for use with iOS and Android. For these platforms, we recommend SmartOffice SDK or SmartOffice SDK Viewer.
Page Viewer DevKit (PVDK)
Page Viewer enables an engineer the ability to build an internal viewer that can return an image or thumbnail of every page in a document. Like File Viewer, there is no UI. Unlike File Viewer, PV does not render to the screen; it simply returns an image of document pages.
The example uses include installation in projectors, smart TV’s, custom printing solutions and servers/web apps (e.g., allowing a website to show thumbnails of a document or provide views of entire pages as bitmaps in a user’s web browser). PVDK has been licensed for use on Linux, iOS, and Android, with ports available for Windows and other platforms.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a listing of third-party software used in SmartOffice, click here.