MuPDF is a lightweight PDF, XPS, and eBook interpreter that offers all the interactive features of PDF.
It is a small, fast and complete interpreter/renderer suited perfectly for mobile, ePub, and other embedded applications.
Some key features of our product and SDK include:
- Renderer tailored for high quality, anti-aliased graphics – MuPDF renders text with metrics and spacing accurate to within fractions of a pixel for the highest fidelity in reproducing the look of a printed page on screen.
- Support for PDF 1.7 transparency and encryption.
- Reads PDF, XPS, OpenXPS, CBZ, ePub, and FictionBook documents.
- Converts documents to other formats such as HTML, SVG, PDF, and CBZ.
- Written modularly in Portable C – features can be added on by integrators as desired.
- Includes a Java library using JNI that works on both Oracle’s Java and Android.
Patch Contributions and Bug Testing
Artifex is committed to producing code with as few bugs as possible. As such, we have two programs to help ensure the best product possible.
- Patch Contributions – We welcome patches from outside contributors. If you want to contribute patches to Ghostscript, please review and sign the Artifex Contributor License Agreement.
- Bug Bounty Program – We have a public bug tracker where anyone is welcome to view open issues, report new ones, and contribute analysis and fixes. When we have bugs that we’d like to get fixed but don’t have time to work on immediately ourselves, we throw them open to the public and offer bounties for accepted fixes. Learn More
- IRC channel – MuPDF developers can be found on the #mupdf IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. Questions asked here will usually get a response, though time zone differences can mean there are periods when nobody is available.